Blitz Valletta 2022 Digital Residency
The programme is open to all artists regardless of background, ethnicity and with no age limit. The applicant must have recently graduated (2017 onwards) from an arts-related postgraduate degree in a subject relevant to the open call. Applications received after the official closing date will not be considered. Kindly refer to the terms and conditions in the guidelines before submitting your application.
Selection is not based solely on applicants’ academic or professional background but our selection panel will give particular attention to the strength of the project proposal and integration with our audience and community. Shortlisted applicants will be selected for Skype interviews with the selection panel. All applicants are expected to be fluent in English.
To apply please submit one PDF document set in 10-point font containing the information below presented in the following order:
1. Artists CV including name and surname, year of birth (used solely for internal administrative purposes), current address, country of residence, citizenship(s), email, education / teaching, exhibitions / residences / awards, a list of catalogues / articles (1 page maximum).
2. Artist statement (300 words maximum)
3. Your proposed Residency project including title and concept (300 words maximum)
4. A maximum of 8 images of your work or video/sound links. Including title, year of completion and medium. Please note that these works must have been completed within the last 2 years.
5. Your agreement with the Terms and Conditions of the open call, including date and signature.
Materials in excess of the limits above will not be viewed by the committee.
Title your PDF document in the following way: Firstname_Lastname_BlitzResidency2022.pdf
Your submission must not exceed 10mb in total.
Please send your PDF application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line DIGITAL RESIDENCY APPLICATION by no later than 5:00 PM (CET) on Tuesday 30 November 2021.